Hello! I have had a leisurely last few weeks between grad school and moving in with my mom for the summer. I will be leaving White River Junction on Wednesday, June 1st, and I am terrified/ excited as heck!
What have I been doing the last few weeks?
1) I have a comic that will be published on the Nib (no link because it is not up and running yet). The Nib is a journalism comic site run by the people at Medium, but unlike Medium it has an editor and is curated (and paid!). Working with an editor for the first time was a real trip, I had to do like, 6 passes at the ending. I was eventually helped out tremendously by my friend/table mate JD Lunt (once he gets a website I'll plug it). But yeah, hopefully you'll link it. I'll put in on my comics page once it's up.
I'm scared to put it on my social media, because it's about my experiences as Hillary Clinton's intern, and is ultimately a pro- Hillary comic. My audience tends to skew young, definitely under 35- so they're pretty uniformly Bernie supporters. I would also vote for Sanders in a heart beat, but he doesn't have a shot of winning, I'm pro Hillary too. But it's pretty easy to like both of them, given the fact that they voted the same way in the Senate together 93% of the time.
2) I did a comic for 7 days (post about that here). Getting two published pieces done in a month! Exciting stuff!
3) I went to Burlington to visit Stephanie Zuppo and her husband John (who is not a cartoonist so no link needed) who both really good friends of mine. I went with my friend Salakjit. We also met up with Anna McGlynn (I am JUST realizing what a fantastic name that is). Here's all of us pictured on our friend Iona Fox's (whose comics are amazing btw) farm:
I also did some travel comics (be warned, these aren't my greatest work)
4) I've been working pretty hard at a submission to my old collective's fourth anthology (btw submissions are still open, if you are cartoonist I would check it out). I've only been able to thumbnail my comic though because I packed all my supplies. It's frustrating because I like to work on one comic at a time. But because of this...
5) I have been writing the first draft to my first long form comic (or, at least it's long form for me, I'm not sure how long it's gonna be). This is a scary endeavor, hopefully it works out well!
6) I sold a very large painting at the fine art show I was a part of! I'm very excited I really needed the money!
In the mean time, I haven't done a ton of drawing, but here's some birds I dreamt about a couple days ago: